In 2016, a small team of engineers bootstrapped plug&paid, an e-commerce platform with the goal of offering enterprise-level e-commerce functionality to businesses and solopreneurs.
Throughout the years, we have had the privilege of interacting with thousands of merchants from all over the world, allowing us to gain unique insights into the needs that businesses have when it comes to running their operations online and the improvements that we need to make to take our platform to the next level.
Based on these insights, in late 2021, the decision to rebrand from plug&paid to Tamio was made. Apart from the name change, the rebranding also involved rebuilding the platform from scratch using the latest web technologies available, adding new features and reworking the platform's usability to meet our users' expectations in an ever-evolving technology market.
Current Status & Next Steps
Our team has been hard at work, and thanks to their unwavering resilience and dedication, we are one step closer to launch. We expect a public beta up and running in early Q2, with the official launch soon after beta testing has completed successfully and all bugs have been ironed out.
In addition, as of today, plug&paid is no longer accepting new users. If you don't have a plug&paid account, feel free to join our mailing list so that you can stay updated with all the news about the upcoming Tamio release:
Existing plug&paid accounts will be migrated to Tamio with all products, customers, subscriptions, invoices, discounts, mailing lists, shop settings, whitelabel clients and affiliates. The migration is expected to happen gradually and on demand over a three-month period after the launch of Tamio. This process will allow merchants to set up their custom domains, API endpoints and webhooks in accordance with the new platform rules without affecting any existing operations they might have set up in plug&paid.
We are also happy to announce that there will be no pricing changes for existing users and early supporters.
What to expect
The goal of Tamio is to empower merchants and agencies to do more with less by solving their main pains such as high technology cost, time-consuming integrations, performance issues and hidden costs. To achieve that, we built Tamio from the ground up with a holistic approach to online selling, a concept we refer to as Ecommerce+.
What Ecommerce+ brings:
- Comprehensive toolbox of 200+ features out of the box. All you need to sell and grow without the need for plug-ins, software updates or third-party applications.
- A brand new infrastructure that is secure & stable (High-Availability w. auto-failover, industry-leading self-healing filesystem, daily backups)
- Infinitely scalable (Distributed architecture, dedicated cloud w. dynamic scaling, handles more than a billion items)
- Flexibility (Automations for everything)
- Easy to use (Intuitive admin & no-code builder)
- Simple onboarding (Our system handles everything)
- Advanced White-label (New opportunities for agencies)
- Fair pricing (Fixed attractive price for businesses of any size)
- A complete developer portal, a dedicated sandbox environment and a fully documented API.
I couldn't be prouder of the tremendous progress the team has made, and I would like to thank all our users for the faith they have shown us over the years. I cannot wait to share Tamio with you, so stay tuned for more.
Join the conversation.